- Antibacterial Prophylaxis for Dental procedures
- NZ Guideline for Prevention of Infective Endocarditis associated with Dental and other Medical Interventions
- Healthy Teeth and Gums MOH page
- NZ Dental Association
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board funds and provides a range of free dental / oral health services for children and adolescents up until 18 years of age. A limited range of publicly funded services for adults is also available in the Bay of Plenty region.
Referrals and Advice
For dental emergencies visit bopdhb.health.nz | Emergency dental clinics
Community dental services for children and adolescents in the Bay of Plenty are provided from six fixed dental clinics at Otumoetai Primary School, Greerton Village School, Tauranga Intermediate, Arataki School, Te Puke Intermediate and Whākatane Intermediate. These clinics are supported across the region by 11 mobile dental units. Click here to view open clinics.
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board funds and provides a range of free dental / oral health services for children and adolescents up until 18 years age. A limited range of publicly funded services for adults is also available in the Bay of Plenty region.
Dental services are free for children aged 0-18 years of age.
Subsidised emergency dental care for patients aged 18+ is provided by dentists who are contracted with the Bay of Plenty DHB for patients who:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Hold a valid Community Service card
- Apply for assistance from WINZ
- For further information on eligibility click here.
- A Kaupapa Maori Dental Service is also available in the Western Bay of Plenty.
For more information contact 07 574 9830 extn 3.
- Lift the Lip Referral Assessment Pathway - to be used with Community Dental Referral form (as seen below)
- Community Dental Services Electronic Referral Form - for community health workers, Well Child Tamariki Ora nurses and public health nurses in the community.
- 0-4 years (incl) Dental Enrolment Request Form