Management of Monoclonal Gammopathy
- Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC) | leukaemia.org.nz
- Faster Cancer Treatment: High Suspicion of cancer definition for Lymphoma
- Faster Cancer Treatment: High Suspicion of cancer definition for Myeloma
Referrals and Advice
Blood transfusions/infusions at Whakatāne Surgical Admissions Unit
Ring the unit on 3063011 or 3060806 and talk to one of the nurses:
- A referral/request letter faxed to 3060956 is required indicating the reason for/urgency of the transfusion and patient history.
- Once the referral has been received the patient will be contacted to arrange a suitable day.
- Infusions are carried on days when a bed/chair/staff are available (this is primarily a surgical admissions unit).
- If patients cannot be accommodated in a timely manner, arrangements will be made for the patient to go to a ward for treatment.
Note: if the patient is symptomatic please refer to the emergency department
Note: if the patient is under the oncology team, they should be referred to the oncology unit in the first instance